GLI Network: Political Education Programme
The Global Labour Institute Network (GLI Network) is looking to appoint a coordinator for their political education programme with the international trade union movement, including international schools planned in UK, Lithuania, France and Colombia. The position is with a US-based academic institution, but will be based in the offices of the Global Labour Institute in Manchester, UK. The contract will be for 6-9 months, potentially extendable.
The GLI Network is six organisations, based in Bogotá, Geneva, New York, Paris, Manchester and Moscow. We are responsible for an international political education programme for trade union activists, supported by a range of global union federations, national trade unions, labour-based development agencies and workers’ education organisations.
The Network is coordinated by the Global Labour Institute in Manchester (www.global-labour.net).
- USA passport or Green Card
- Strong organisational skills and capability to manage work efficiently and imaginatively
- Broad understanding of the principles and objectives of the labour movement, and an appreciation of the political foundations of the GLI and its partner organisations
- Interest in key issues of globalisation, climate change, human rights, international development and democracy
- Interpersonal and communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Competence in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability and willingness to travel, both in the UK and overseas
- Non-English language skills, especially Spanish or French
- Masters degree or other post-graduate qualification
- Experience of work and/or study overseas
- Project management skills and experience
- Adult education teaching experience
If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter setting out your interest and suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 8 Nov 2018